Thursday, December 31, 2020

Editing Again?

   Hello! So I was finally able to do some editing  for my movie project. This has been such a difficult thing to do for my group and I since the school closed due to quarantine. Since then, we have tried to use many different editing sites but none of them seemed to work. We started talking o use Pinnacle Studios at our school but then the school closed. From their we tried to use iMovie but it didn’t have the fonts that we needed and none of us had and advanced version of it. Another editing software that we tried to use was Wondershare Filmora. The reason that we didn’t use this is because in order to get a video without a watermark, we had to make a subscription to Filmora but that was a lot of money. Then, I later found out that my older brother already had a subscription with Filmora and he let edit my project on it. I wasn’t able to work with my group when using this software because we were all social distancing. I was able to video chat with them and get their feedback while I edited the movie. The first thing I did with this new software was to start from scratch. I got rid of the original movie that we edited and just imported all of the shots separately onto Filmora. I then placed the clips in the correct order and began to cut some stuff out so that I could reach the time limit of five minutes. When I was finished with that, I put in the opening titles. I changed the font that we were originally gonna use because it looked more playful than scary and I wanted the movie to have a more serious tone. After that I added in some creepy music and then sound effects. The sound effects that I used were ambient nighttime sounds, a scream, and a power shutting off. I had a great time editing this film and I am so happy with the way it turned out. These re-edits have made my movie so much better!  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...