Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing Lesson Blog

     Hello, today in class I learned how to edit my footage for when I start filming. My group and I are starting our commercial project next week. The first thing that we learned was how to check out a camera from class. We do this so that a camera or other equipment doesn’t get lost. We also learned how to use the camera and other filming equipment such as the tripod and SD card. We learned how to turn the cameras on and how to start recording with them. We learned how to use the tripod and how to create different shots such as a pan and a tilt. We also learned the proper ways to hold the camera equipment. This information was very helpful for me because I never really used this equipment before.
     After learning about how to use the camera and filming equipment, my class watched and took notes on a PowerPoint about dumping, importing, editing, and exporting videos. The notes that we took were very informative and helpful for me. I know that I must use Pinnacle Studios in order to edit. Only one person in my group needs to make an account and log into Pinnacle Studios. My group and I will have to make a folder for this class to keep all our footage. To dump, all I have to do is put my SD card into the SD card reader. Once I find my footage on the the computer, I will highlight it and transfer it into my folder. Importing my footage is really easy. To import, I have to log on to Pinnacle Studios and go to the “Import” tab and look for my folder with all my footage on it. Once I find my footage I can start to import it. I must wait for all my footage to load before I start editing.
     Going through the PowerPoint on handling footage, I learned how to edit all my footage together so that it makes sense. I believe that editing will be the most fun part of the project because that’s where I can be most creative. I learned how to add a title to my film and how to cut footage in half. I learned how to add music and audio and how to remove music and audio from my footage. Even though this seems like the most interesting part of the whole process, I also thing it will be the most difficult. I also learned how to export my video. This is definitely the most important thing that I learned today in class. Without knowing how to export, there is no point in doing the project because then it will never be able to be graded. Luckily exporting footage is the easiest thing that we learned today. I’ll I have to do make sure that I am happy with the final product of my project and just click the export button. Once my footage is done exporting, I need to make sure that my footage is saved just in case a problem occurs. Today was a very important day and I can’t wait to get started on my commercial project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...