Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introductory

Hello, my name is Jake. I am currently a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High School. The classes that I am taking this year aren't that interesting. Other than my regular, mandatory classes that I must take such as math and EnglishI am taking AICE Psychology and AICE Media Studies. Media Studies is probably the class that find most interesting because I've always been curious about the subject of film and how films are made. 
I personally love movies and books. Some of my favorite movies include: Requiem for a Dream, Jaws, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Horror is definitely my favorite genre for films and books because I think that it is the most creative genre and I think that it has the most appealing sub-genres such as slasher and psychological. Some horror movies that I love are Halloween, The Shining, and Nosferatu. I really like the dark and lonely vibes that those movies give off. I am a huge fan of Darren Aronofsky, he has written and directed many of the films that I like (Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan, Mother!). My favorite book is House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. The story and structure of the novel is unlike anything I've ever read before and reading it was honestly a life changing experience. 
I'm not entirely sure what I want to do in my future. I plan on going to college but I don’t know if I want to go into the medical field or if I want to do something else, I would love to become an OB/GYN because I find it to be the most interesting and fascinating field in the medical industry. The only issue is that I have with going into the medical field is that it is a lot of school which means that it is a lot of money and I don’t want to live most of my life in dept. My other plan is to go into the film industry because I love movies and I have a huge interest in set design and cinematography. I’m still deciding on what I want to do though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...