Sunday, December 27, 2020

First Day of Editing!

     Hello! Today is an exciting day! My group and I just got done with the first part of the editing process. This was putting all of the clips together and just seeing how the movie plays out with no real editing. The first thing that we did for this step was to watch all of our clips of course. For every scene that we shot, we filmed at least five takes in order to get our best one. After we watched all of the takes for one scene, my group and I would decide which take was the best. We did that to every scene that we had and then moved our favorites to a separate folder. We transferred the clips to the computer and and embedded them into an editing software that we wanted to use. We put the clips together in the correct order and watched it together. In all honesty, it was pretty bad. However, it could have been worse. I remember last year when my group and I finished filming our opening scene and we put all the clips together and it was terrible as well. The final product last year was actually pretty good once all of the editing was finished. Knowing that just doing some basic editing can make the movie ten time better really makes me feel better. The biggest issue that I noticed right off the bat was that our movie was way too long. I was already expecting this to happen since the same thing happened to us last year though. We will be needing to find some music to put into the scenes because as I watch it now, it just seems very awkward. What mu group and I plan on doing is creating a plan for editing. It will be similar to the plan we made for our filming but it will go over the basic stuff that we need to edit. The stuff that we need to plan out are our titles, transitions, music, which scenes we may need to cut. This task does not sound very fun but it is very important for us to do if we want to create a good final film.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...