Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing Blog...not

   Hi, today we were supposed to start editing our commercial. The last thing that we were able to do with our commercial was film and dump our footage on the computer. We did all that last class. I walked into class this morning ready to start editing our commercial with my group. I logged onto the computer and went onto the folder. All of our footage was there and we were ready to start editing. However, we could not find Pinnacle Studios on our desktop. Pinnacle Studios is the app that we have to use to edit our footage. We tried to see if Pinnacle Studios was on the computer but just not on the desktop. We had no luck with that so we asked our teacher what we could do. She told us that we could either start our editing blog and write about why we couldn’t edit that day or we can try to transfer our footage onto another computer.
   Our group decided on the second option to transfer our footage and start editing. We knew that only a certain number of computers had Pinnacle Studios on them. We had to try and find a computer that had the app and was actually open for use. When we found a computer, I quickly logged onto it. As I was logging onto computer, my group was putting our footage onto a flash drive. When my computer was done loading I was happy to see that my computer had Pinnacle Studios on it. My group brought over the flash drive with our footage on it and plugged it into the computer. As we waited for the folder to load, we began to read through our editing notes. When our folder came up on the computer,  we tried to click on it to bring up our footage. I became very disappointed when I saw an error message pop up on the computer.
   For some reason our footage was not going onto the computer. We called over our teacher to see if she could try to help us. She told us that there was no use in trying because Pinnacle Studios wasn’t even working on any computer. She told us it was a problem with the whole school and that we would just have to blog for the day. When we went back to our seats we started to share some editing ideas. We wanted to do this so that we can have a clear vision on what we want to create. We wanted to add certain sound it to scenes and add other visual effects. We had to write a blog anyway. That blog is what you are reading now. I hope that my group and I are able to edit next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...