Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

Hello! Yesterday my group and I filmed our commercial. This was a very fun experience and I had a great time doing it. Our storyboard definitely helped us a lot more than I thought it would. The days before we started filming, I thought that I wouldn’t need to use the storyboard as much as my teachers said I would. I was quickly proven wrong because right when my group got to our filming location, I immediately forgot everything about my commercial and needed to pull out the storyboard. Using the storyboard helped my group stay organized and make great time. I was a little worried that my group wouldn't finish in time. I ended up being really surprised when we were one of the first groups to arrive back at the classroom. Once we got back, we dumped our footage onto the folder. We still had around fifteen minutes to spare. 
When I first arrived at the classroom that morning, my group and I immediately got to workAvalon, Alex, and Morgan were working on the make-up and I went to go check out the camera, tripod, and SD card. The night before we filmed, I picked up a McDonalds Happy Meal which was one of the main props that we used in the commercial. Morgan and I were both helping to film the commercial. Avalon and Alex were the actresses in the commercial. We all worked as a team to help direct the commercial. We helped each other out to find the perfect dialogue and body language for the commercial. The weather was perfect that day, we didn’t have to worry about any rain. It probably took us around 45 to 50 minutes to film all our takes. We tried to get at least three takes per scene. We had very few disturbances while we were filming; with the exceptions of a few loud students in the background. 
After we were done filming, we all sat down and watched all our footage to make sure that it all looked good and so that we didn’t forget any footage. Once we were all set with our footage, we all walked backed to the classroom. While one half of my group was removing their make-up, the other half which included myself, were setting up a new folder on the computer. We had to check out a SD card reader from our teacher. Once we had all the equipment set up, we dumped all of our footage on to the folder. We returned all the equipment and then we were finally done for the day. Filming was an extremely fun experience and my group and I had a great time doing it. I very proud of myself and all of my group members. The next think that I must do is edit all my footage. I’m excited to finish my commercial and see the final project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...