Friday, March 13, 2020

Who Knew Editing Could Be So Hard?

   Hello. Today, I’m a little bit annoyed. For some reason it is very difficult for my group and I to be able to edit our project. It’s almost like every single time my group and I try to edit, something goes wrong. As mentioning in my previous blog, the only editing that my group and I were able to get done is shortening our movie to the appropriate length. Even though our film was at the two minutes that it needed to be, it still looked really choppy and poorly done. The reason that it is so hard for us to edit is because we have had to deal with so many technical difficulties. First, my group and I couldn’t find a good editing software to use. We wanted to use iMovie but iMovie didn’t have the font that we wanted to use. The other editing softwares that we tried to use were really confusing and complicated to edit with, so we couldn’t really edit with those.
   The next thing that we tried to edit with was Pinnacle Studios. The reason we didn’t use this software in the first place was because it runs very slow, and we didn’t have the best experience using it for our first project in the class. However, even though it was slow, it still worked decently. Since we shot our movie on our phone, we imported the footage onto our computer and put it on a flash drive. We brought the flash drive with our footage on it to school and put it on a lap top. This is where the issue occurred. For some reason the footage that was imported onto the laptop wouldn’t download onto pinnacle studios. I assume that it was just too much footage at once because, the laptop began to freeze up and glitch. This is what happened the first time we tried to use the app for our first project.
   Even though everything seems to be working out horribly, my group and I asked a friend for help with editing and she did show us a great way to edit using iMovie. She paid for extended features on iMovie which gives her more font choices. She was generous enough to let us use her app one weekend so my group and I need to make a new plan for editing so we can finally get this part finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...