Monday, March 9, 2020

First Day of the Editing Process...Yikes!

Hello! For this blog, I am going to be focusing on a huge part of my project that I forgot to write about. This process is the editing process. The reason that I haven’t really been writing about the editing process is because it has been pretty complicated to do so far. The reason it has been so hard is because my group and I have not been able to find a good software for us to use. Our original plan was to edit using iMovie, but that software has a very limited number of fonts that we can use for our titles, so we decided not to use it. We then decided to try out some other editing software apps but none of them seemed to work. Pinnacle Studios was the app that we used for our first project in the class but we didn’t like using it because it was really slow and would never play our clips smoothly so we didn’t want to use it for this project. The other editing software's that were free that we used were still not very good. This was taking up a lot of our time, so we decided to get started on some other parts of the editing process instead. The software that we used ended up being our original plan of iMovie. 
 Since we decided to not worry about titles and get started on the cutting and organization of scenes. The first thing we did was import the scenes we filmed onto the laptop and organize them in the correct order that they should have of appeared in. Once we put of the scenes that we shot imported into iMovie, we noticed a big problem: it was way too long. Our project needs to be a max of two minutes, our movie was three and a half minutes long. In order to fix this problem, the first thing we did was cut out all the little mistakes that were in the beginning and end of scenes such as a prolonged amount of time where nothing is happening and scenes that bloopers that were accidentally imported. After we did this, my group and I took our time to cut certain scenes out of the film. This was a very hard and tedious task that took a lot of thinking and consideration from everybody in my group. We eventually ended up cutting out a lot of our movie which really hurt to do. Our film now very choppy and looks very cheap and well...bad. The product that we ended up with was definitely not what I wanted. We still have a lot of editing to do so we may still have a chance to save our film. When in doubt, my group and I can always just re-shoot a couples of scenes and change them so that they are shorter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...