Monday, April 6, 2020

Reshoots for “Signed, the Watcher”

   Hello. Sorry I haven’t written in a while, things have been pretty...hectic to say the least. So a couple of days ago my group and I were able to attempt to reshoot some scenes from our movie that we thought needed to be improved upon. However, the only people that were able to do reshoots were Avalon, Morgan, and myself, Alex was unable to join us do to the conditions with the coronavirus. Since Alex wasn’t there with us, my group and I weren’t able to reshoot some of the scenes that we wanted to redo. We did call her and talk to her while we filmed so that we could have some of her input on the process. The first scene that we reshot was the kitchen scene where Morgan sees a message written on the wall. The reason we reshot this scene was because the audio in the original shot was poor and you could barely hear what Morgan was saying. We also changed up some of the dialogue so that the scene would be shorter and the film would look less choppy and rushed. We also redid a couple of the scenes where Morgan and I argue. We shot this at the only one of the locations that we were first in. Since we were only able to do reshoots in that one one location and with a limited amount of characters, more limitations were put on to what we were actually able to re shoot. The only people that were actually able to act in this location were Morgan and I since Avalon only had a couple of scenes that were shot in different the other location.
   We still want to reshoot but with all that has been going on recently with the pandemic, it has been very challenging for us to do that. What we really need is to have Alex come film for us because there are a couple of scenes that she’s in that we need to reshoot. I also want to shoot in the other location because a bulk of our movie takes place in that location and there are a couple of changes that I want to make to the overall scenery in that location to make it look more menacing. The main thing that I’m trying to change when reshooting these scenes is the dialogue and the pace of which it is said. Our original movie put together ended up being way to long and I want to make a lot of scenes shorter so that I don’t have to cut out certain parts of the scene when editing. Doing that will make my film look a lot less choppy and more fluid. Now that the pandemic has gotten even worse, I’m really not sure that I will be able to reshoot anything so I’m gonna have to just be really creative with editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...