Tuesday, September 15, 2020

I'm Back!



    Hello! After a long time of not being active, I am finally back! It's a new school year and I'm now in A level Media Studies. Continuing where we left off from last year, America is still in a pandemic and we are still doing class online. A level already seems a lot more different than AS level. We have less filming projects and we have to create an entire film package for a short film we have to create. The short film is going to be very different compared to anything that we did last year. In AS level, we only had to create a commercial, a music video, and the opening to a film. Now, we have to create a five minute long short film. We must accompany this short film with a package that includes a website that is about our film, social media that represents our film, and a flier for the film.
    A good thing about my class this year is that I can work with the same students that I worked with last year. This is gonna be very beneficial for us because we all are already friends and have worked together before. This will allow us to be more comfortable around each other which will help ideas flow out of us. Since we all worked together before, we know what each of us like to do and what are main specialties are. Last year, Morgan liked to act and help film the scenes. Ava liked to help film the scenes. Alex and I liked to do the editing for the film. I am really happy that I will be able to work with the same group as last year. They are very productive and reliable and we all share a similar creative mind. I don’t think that we’ll have any trouble working together again this year. Also, my group and I are all comfortable working together during this pandemic. It would be really hard trying to film something while having to stay six feet apart from each other. Luckily, we’re all safe and healthy and will be able to all be together when we film our short movie. 
    I’m not sure what we’re gonna do for our short film yet. Last year we created the opening to a horror film and that was fun. I don’t know if we’re gonna create a horror film again or if we’re gonna try to do another genre. If we do decide to try another genre, I would like to try a drama coming of age style film. I think that since we’re all teenagers in high school, that would be easy for us to do and more natural for us. I also wouldn’t mind a romance genre. I don’t think that a lot of students choose to do romance. This will benefit us because it will allow us to create a more original project. I think it would be hard to create a comedy movie. Comedies seem hard because you have to think of jokes to put in the film and humor is very subjective and it may not land well and it may make the movie awkward. Whatever genre we choose, I’m sure we’ll think of something great.  

The image that I inserted is of a group chat that my group and I created for this class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...