Thursday, October 15, 2020

Research 9, Feature Film

     Hello. Today I will be writing about the film "9". In my previous entry, I wrote about the short film "9" and now I'm gonna be focusing on the feature film "9". I remember seeing this movie a really long time ago when it first came out but I didn't remember anything that happened in the movie. The story of this one follows a scientist who created a machine called the B.R.A.I.N. which is turned into a  fabrication machine that is able to create other machines that help to wipe out enemies. The fabrication machine malfunctions and begins to attack all life forms from plants and animals to human beings. As all of humanity is about to be wiped out, the scientist transfers his soul into 9 rag doll like people through a talisman. These rag doll people are called "stitchpunks".

    We then see 9 waking up in the scientists laboratory. He takes the talisman and begins to wonder outside. There, he is spotted by 2, another stitchpunk who is an inventor.  2 gives 9 a working voice box that allows for 9 to speak. 9 and 2 are attacked by a cat-like machine and 2 and the talisman is abducted and 9 collapses. When 9 wakes up, he is in a place called the "sanctuary" located in the tower of an old church, He is surrounded by other stitchpunks. The stitchpunks are all named after the numbers on their backs. 1 is the leader of the stichpunks, 2 is an inventor, 3 and 4 are twins, 5 is an engineer, 6 is an unstable oracle, 7 is the only female of the stitchpunks, and 8 is a big but dumb stitchpunk who acts like a bodyguard for 1. Over the course of the movie, the fabrication machine captures stitchpunks and steals their souls. It is up to 9 and the other stitchpunks to retrieve the stolen talisman and defeat the fabrication machine. 

    I actually really liked this movie. I liked the post-apocalyptic nature of the movie and it was surprisingly scary and kind of sad. I thought the ending of the movie was great and very poetic. Even thought the movie was a cartoon, there were many times where it felt like I was watching a live action film.





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...