Friday, October 16, 2020

Short Film Vs. Feature Film

     Hello. In this blog I will be comparing the short film "9" to the feature film "9". Out of the two, I  think I liked the short film more than the feature film. I just think that there was a lot more mystery and it felt as if the characters had more emotions. The short film had no dialogue in it at all while the feature film did have a lot of dialogue between the characters. There was also a lot more characters and character development in the feature film than in the short film. The audience was introduced to around 9 new characters that include the stitchpunks that we didn't get to meet in the short film along with the fabrication machine and the scientist. We also got to learn more background of how the world got the the point that it was at in the film whereas in the short everything is a mystery. Another difference that I noticed were the tones of the film. The short film seemed much darker than the feature film. I assume this because the sense of loneliness that the short gives off. The feature film also had a hopeful ending while the short didn't.

The movies were similar because they both had the post-apocalyptic theme to them. They also had the same mystery/sci-fi/action genre to them. They both also had 9 as the central character obviously. I really liked both of the films a lot more than I thought that I would. I would actually love to see a follow-up film for this story. I thought that the characters were very unique and that the animation style was also very unique. The animation was very cartoonish but also very life-like at the same time which I thought was very cool. I still really liked the feature film a lot but I do think that the short was superior. To be able to tell a story with no dialogue is very impressive. I also just love the animation of the films a lot. I would love to see other film like this in the future.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...