Friday, December 11, 2020

Our First Day Filming

    Hello. So today was my group and I’s very first day filming for our movie. Today we filmed at my house and we filmed a majority of the movie. We decided to begin filming later in the day since the film takes place at night. My group showed up to my place around 5:00pm and we immediately got started. Along with my group members, two of our friends came so that they could help us with filming and other stuff that we may need from them. We wanted to film the outside scenes first since there was still some daylight left and we needed all the light we could get for those scenes. In these scenes, it was just the characters in the movie finding the abandoned house and deciding to go in it. Eventually it became pretty dark outside so we had to use some artificial lighting from flashlights. We we switched to the inside scenes, it became a bit trickier to create. The house had to look abandoned and empty but since it was my house and people actual live there, it did not look abandoned whatsoever. 

   In order to create the illusion that my house was abandoned, I removed a lot of the furniture and other things from each of the rooms that we filmed in. Along with this, we used white sheets to put over couches and tables that we could not move out of the room. We also filmed at certain angles so that we could avoid getting a television or oven clock in the shot. We were only able to get a couple scenes done in this day because eventually our phones that we were using to film on were dying and it was getting late. We also had a major mishap, the main prop for our film, the mirror, broke and we didn’t have another one that looks spooky that we could film with. In order to fix this issue, we used a regular cosmetic mirror and put paper all around it. After that, we wrote random symbols on it and that was supposed to be our haunted mirror. It looked really stupid and cheap in my opinion, but we had to get our filming done and that was our easiest and quickest solution. Overall, I think my group and I did a great job with filming and making my house look abandoned. I cannot wait to finish filming so I can see how it all looked together!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...