Sunday, December 13, 2020

Our Second Day of Filming

    Hello! As you know from my last blog, my group and I have begun filming for our movie. In our first day of filming, my group and I were able to get a lot of our filming done at my house. The second day of filming was to film the scene where we entered the haunted house. We had to do this at Ava and Morgan’s house and not my house because the foyer of my house has a big Christmas tree right in the middle and it would look a little weird if it was in the movie. We tried a couple of time to get it out of the shot but it was too complicated so we decided to just to film that scene in another location. We had Savanna and Katelyn help with filming and lighting again. When we are at Ava and Morgan's house we wanted to make sure that it blended in with my house. We didn't want it took look like we filmed in two different locations. We also needed to make sure that we filmed at night at their house so that it was dark. In the foyer of their house, there was some furniture. In order to make the house look old and abandoned, we covered the furniture with sheets and turned off the lights. The hardest part of filming was the trying to make our houses look abandoned. Since both of our houses obviously have living occupants in them, there was a lot that we needed to do but few things that we could do to give the illusion at the house had been abandoned. The main thing that we could do was remove some objects out of the room such as vases or other small items from the room we were filming in. The next think that we had to do to make the house look abandoned was to cover all the furniture that we could not move out of the room with sheets. We used large white bedsheets and laid them over chairs and couches that were in the rooms. We also would film at certain angles and directions to avoid items that we couldn't cover such as television sets or electronic clocks on ovens or microwaves. Other than the setting, filming was pretty easy and went smooth. We may have to reshoot a couple of scenes but I think we did a good job. I had a lot of fun filming and I can't wait to start the editing process.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  1. How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?        When thinking about the plot to our movie, my group and I wanted to cr...